This Blog by Cher’ley Grogg
You’re away from home, and your calendar is not. What do you do?
- a. Roll it up like a sausage and take it with you
- b.Take a selfie with the calendar in the back ground
- c.Use a whole pad of Post-it notes and take the notes with you(Sticking them on any surface that will hold them)
- d. None of the above (I have a mind like a steal trap, and I never need a calendar)
What are some ways to keep track of tasks and important information?
- I have my Google Calendar synced with everything that I can, but still that’s not always convenient.
- I used to use a little tape recorder, but now I have a recording program on my phone that I use.
- Email is my friend. I email myself all kinds of things. I have a folder that holds my emails to myself, from there I can send them elsewhere if I need to.
- I have some (some-as in zillions) of post-a-note pads that I use. Can’t seem to get away from jotting things down on paper. But, now I sometimes take a smart phone photo of important numbers I may need later. These are phone numbers or notes that I will need on a short term basis.
Save an hour or more on your tasks.
Some additional programs:
- Here’s a link to a To Do List program. It has the ability to add longer notes and descriptions. Todoo.
- If you have an IPhone or IPad here are 50+ To Do apps available to you Of course, there are equivalents for the Android system.
- I found this article about getting organized. Track multiple-changing tasks.
Finally, I got a little app that works great for me. It’s a Shopping List app, that you can type into or use your phones voice options and record your list. Right now I have 5 folders on mine:
- Inventory Food Cabinet
- Inventory Truck cabinets
- Places to Go
- To Buy
- To Do
I can add more folders if I’d like to, but these work out pretty good right now. So what I mainly use is my Google Calendar, my phone camera, and my Shopping List App.
***What do you use to keep track of everything?***
Photos courtesy of the Morgue Files.
Cher’ley’s Books are listed below and on sale at Amazon and local bookstores. And she has a new one that is freshly published with 11 other authors.
The Joys and Terrors of Raising Boys-An Anthology
And please join me on my Facebook Fanpage, that’s managed by one of my most faithful fans: Cindy Ferrell
Here’s a link to Cher’ley’s WEBSITE