This Blog by Cher’ley Grogg
Not sure where I got the link, but I found an advertisement for Jane Bernard as a writing coach.
This is a great interview with Jane Bernard. I really enjoyed it and I think you will find it interesting.
She has branched out a lot since I first knew her, but back then she taught a lot about intuitive thinking and intuitive writing. I was leery about hiring someone. Would I get my money’s worth? The Creative Writing Course was very reasonably priced so I took the chance.
No matter what I was writing she would have me to stop and look to see what else I could see. What did the young waitress really look like? Not that she was a tall, slim, and blonde, but were her hands red from dishwater? Did she have burns on her arms? Did her hair fall a certain way?
Sometimes I couldn’t catch what she was wanting me to see or write, but she always found a positive and even when she wanted me to see something differently she was kind and patient.
This is what she was teaching and it’s from one of her blogs.
- C – charm feels irresistible because it’s selfless. People who are charming make us feel good. When you compliment someone, you are being charming.
- H – health is wealth. Without it, we have no energy or opportunity. Health is part of mojo and what drives us to succeed.
- A – awareness is sexy. We’re aware from the inside out. Notice a fragrance, a sigh or body language. Share awareness and keep the energy flowing.
- R– reason is the point of tipping balance or securing it. Reason is common sense and intelligence working together.
- A – action is what change is. It feels good to be in sync with momentum.
- C – caution is using foresight or prudence to screen the outcome of social and personal choices. It’s security and back-up.
- T – timing is everything. Talking less and sensing more keep us in rhythm with the dance of life.
- E– easy to do what feels right. It’s also being responsible. It’s fun to do the right thing and get good results.
- R – rest is rejuvenating. It’s part of self-respect. Our rest has to balance with action, just like day balances with night. Cycles are part of nature and so are we. Respecting our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs to rest, brings clarity and strength to our waking moments.
She and I worked a lot on emotions–seeing deeper than the ordinary glance.
Dennis, my writing coach from the last blog, and I worked on the outward things, but Jane and I worked on the inner things. Both coaches had a lot to teach, and I learned much from both of them, but she wanted me to be an intuitive thinker, an intuitive writer. And over the years, I have a tried hard to do this.
The Journey Back-One Joy at a Time is a devotional book with inspiring stories, poetry Mine and ones by famous poets, and ways to take action to improve your life and your inner feelings. Every chapter ends with an activity that’s called: Joy for the Day –see location 358 in the Kindle Reader. And in location 356 is this original poem by me.
Steps to Caring by Cher’ley Grogg
A Calm Spirit
A Gentle Breath
To a new level
***What have you learned from a coach or a writing workshop?***
Cher’ley’s Books are listed below and on sale at Amazon and local bookstores.
“The Secret in Grandma’s Trunk” This is an especially good book for your Tween Children and Grandchildren
Boys Will Be Boys The Joys and Terrors of Raising Boys-An Anthology
Please join me on my Facebook Fanpage that’s managed by one of my most faithful fans: Cindy Ferrell
Here’s a link to Cher’ley’s WEBSITE